Thursday, 5 May 2016

Caudalie Vinosource - a moisturizer for every skin type?


Doesn't it make you happy to look at the gorgeous products in this picture?
In april Caudalie launched the pink version of their Vinosource line and I was lucky enough to be invited to their blogger event in Zurich. Today I'll introduce you to the four face creams included in the line*. The aim of the products is to hydrate and soothe the skin. The active ingredient they all have in common is the organic grape water or the grape oils from grapes that are grown without getting in contact with pesticides. The grape water is hypotonic which means its salt concentration is lower than in human body cells, which makes the water flow into the skin cells. Grape water also soothes the skin and reduces redness. The products are formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates or mineral oils.


The creams focus on different skin types or skin issues so it goes without saying that they won't all be suitable for your skin type but there's a good chance one of them will be. Reading the description it was pretty clear to me which formula would be the one for my skin but I've tested them all anyway to present a little review and make the choice easier for you:

Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet
This is the lightest option in the Vinosource  product line and I guess the one which suits most skin types. It's a gel creme designed for sensitive skin containing the signature organic grape water, chamomile, shea butter and  grape seed extract. It sinks in quickly and feels cooling and soothing on my skin. This feeling is increased by the relaxing scent with cucumber, mint, lemon and mandarine. I do agree that this product has a calming effect, my skin likes it and looks more even. It's ok as a light moisturizer combined with a serum but it doesn't provide enough hydration used on it's own if your skin is as dry as mine. 



Vinosource Moisturizing Mattifying Fluid
This product is dedicated to people with oily or combination skin. The texture is lightweight and the effect of the cream is to control the oils in your skin and to instantly mattify your complexion. Besides the organic grape water it contains tea and linseed extracts to absorb and control the skin's natural oils. 
Even though my skin is dry, my T-zone can get slightly shiny at the end of the day. Using this face cream, it didn't happen at all. On the other hand, it didn't provide enough moisture for my skin either which is fine because the product isn't made for my skin type. I've read reviews on the mattifying fluid on other blogs and they've been positive, it does hydrate your skin if it's not too dry and the mattifying effect really seems to work. 

Vinosource Moisture Recovery Cream
And here it is, my perfect daily moisturizer. It's rich but not too rich, feels velvety soft on the skin and smells relaxingly herbal. And slightly sweet maybe? 
Grape oil contains omega 6 and vitamin E  to nourish and regenerate your skin and that's what's in this lovely moisturizer. Using the product, my skin feels nourished, soft and relaxed during the day, just how I like it.


Vinosource Riche Intense Moisture Rescue Cream
Do you have dry patches? Like the really dry ones? I only get them when I'm skiing or sometimes in winter when the air is too dry because of the heaters everywhere. But if you do, this last face cream might be for you. It is lipid regulating containing grape seed oil and shea butter. I've used it once over night and it was far too heavy but as the name suggests, it's a rescue cream and there was no need to rescue my skin. So it will have to wait till winter to be put to a proper test, right now it just leaves my skin greasy.  

I hope I was able to give you a little overview and to make it easier for you to choose your Caudalie Vinosource moisturizer. I think what makes the Vinosource product line special is that the products don't want too much. By this I mean they don't try to treat a list of skin issues but focus on a skin type and take care of the basics: balancing hydration or oil levels. 

I'm very happy with the Vinosource Moisture Recovery Cream, the one that suits my skin type. Have a look at the products and try them, I'm sure there's one for you too. 
40ml are available for CHF 27.60.

Now enjoy the sunny weather! 

Love,
Cheryl


*press samples

7 comments:

  1. The packaging is so cute and they seem really nice!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products! Thanks for sharing!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried anything from Caudalie, but these look lovely! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely rely on this brand, the products I've tried so far have been great!

      Delete
  4. I can vouch for the mattifying one being really really nice ! I don't need to much moisture and it really helps to keep me matte.
    Maybe you read my blogpost ;)
    The whole collection is sooooo pretty *-*
    xoxo
    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to leave a link to your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!